July 22, 2011

Busy-ness

Well, I have NOT been working on my to do list. But I have been cranking out the knitted projects so there. Whatever. I actually learned to knit last fall and went crazy for the first 4 months. We had yarn flying all over the house and that is literal because my little girls (4 and 3) always had to be 'hooksin' with me. And yes I know that sounds awful but they were just crochetin'. I had to buy them their own yarn since according to my husband I only like the most expensive ___________ insert yarn, fabric, paint, decor, furniture, etc; and I almost cried the first time they knotted up my beautiful Rowan. (There may have been a few new baby hormones involved here) These are my two newest items lovingly modeled by the 2 year old.
Side note-everything I make he says "Dat fo me, mama? Dat mines?" Well of course I have to make him his own 'thing', which conveniently gave me a reason to check out a new shop. And Holy Moly I am in LOVE! If you are ever in Buffalo, MN do yourselves a favor and go to Silver Creek Cabin. Huge selection of everything you could want and I can't wait to go back, by myself and spend a few hours there.



Pattern from Itty Bitty Hats
I did start a super cute hat for my Rory and will throw a picture up here as soon as it is done, or more likely, within a few months. 

Adapted from 60 Quick Knits


No comments: