July 7, 2011

12 started

...And none done. I think I've found my problem. I have all sorts of ideas, plans and paint, and I so love to tear into a project. Then...(here comes the problem part) I. Don't. Finish. A couple of theories
     1. I Have four children. Oldest is four. Who can finish anything?! Right?
     2. I get bored. Nuff said. Onto the next thing.
     3. I am not a true 'detail' person. For example: I started painting my kitchen cupboards, and I won't even tell you that it was over a year ago...oops. Anyways. So I got my 8 foot long section done. And then I did nothing, because truly, that part is the main area of my kitchen. It's the focal point. It's the star. Well not really, but I tend to think that I'm done because my eyes just sort of skim right over all the rest. I look at the effect (which I love. Black cupboards. sigh)


Sorry for the un-staged, true to daily life look and bad pictures-working on getting my camera fixed and hopefully they'll get better as the posts progress. But it looks (semi) good, right? Too bad I can't show you the other area...the camera, remember? I will get them up here in a bit. Where was I? Oh, yeah
    
      4. This house needs a lot of work. It's a lot more fun and a lot less work to keep on starting new areas. I think.

    So here's my idea-I'll  put my list up here and may that give me some motivation, or enough embarrasment, to finish. With no further ado, here they are: finish kitchen cupboards, finish paneling in bathroom, paint upstairs bathroom, paint upstairs trim, pain front hall, window treatments in front hall, bug my husband enough so he'll help make the headboard, pictures printed/collaged/hung up, built-in bench for dining room table, finish outside trim,  tile the kitchen backsplash and get my countertops done. And paint my tables and bookshelves (these are the ones me, not the shop). And re-upholster my ugly green chair. And goll darn it, that's more than twelve. Time to get my self off this couch and at least get ready for the day. Wish me luck, cause I'm thinkin I'll need it.

No comments: