July 22, 2011

Burnin up the kitchen

I gotta admit that usually cooking is something I really enjoy so the last three weeks have been kind of weird. And totally dissapointing for my husband (and me) even though my kids love it-mac and cheese, hot dogs, pancakes, bagels. That's been my stimulating and nutritious repertoire lately.  For some unknown reason I just don't want to make anything. I'm not sure if it's the very restless nights, super hot and humid weather or no moon last night but whatever the reason I'm just not feelin' it lately.

Doesn't this look beautiful and summery? It's one of my new favorite salads and the first actual meal I made in three weeks. Yum. That's the recipe below.



Then there were these come out perfectly first time I ever made biscuits. I served the with a kind of deconstructed chicken pot pie on top. And just so you know, my husband laughs everytime I take a picture of food. Or my knitting. Well actually at just about everything except the kids. Whom I should now go supervise as it sounds like they are deconstructing the play room. Yikes.


Recipe from Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything"


And isn't that just a well taken care of pan. That's how we roll at this house!

No comments: