July 5, 2011

Little Red Hen

Well this is a new adventure for me; instead of spending all my money at this store I will now be *bringing* furniture/thrifted/ upcycled finds. I'm starting out slow with only a few (5) pieces that cost me a grand total of  eight dollars. (side note-The garage sales in this area are pretty much awesome. We are far enough away from any big cities that prices are usually close to rock bottom, and I get the most fun out of finding the true 'cleaning out grandma's farmhouse' packed full of vintage goodness). Below is a picture of an industrial style table (free) and stool ($2). Both remind me of Pottery Barn. I forgot to take a before picture of the table-this is midway through, having been spray painted with rust-oleums Strawflower.



This is one of my favorites and I can't wait to get started on it. Another metal/industrial style but it's a wardrobe. Obviously.






















My idea for this comes from this picture, found on Better After. Well dang it anyways that apparently isn't gonna work. Instead you can follow this link and scroll down to the black hutch with the harlequin pattern on the back. I'm picturing a mellow color for the outside and very fun, bright painted harlequin pattern on the inside back and sides. That's not to say my after picture will look anything like that, but it's my hope.



This sweet little coffee table ($5) was already all sanded and ready for paint. Again, no before picture, just a half-way done..this is painted with Sherwin Williams 'Polar Sky' and it's going to get a coat of black glaze. Can't wait to get the afters up here!

Here's the link to Little Red Hen.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

These are all really great finds! I really like the old metal wardrobe cupboard. I haven't ever seen one with shutter style doors before - very cool!

~ Jennifer