April 10, 2012

Nerves

All this sitting around waiting is starting to get to me.  I know it's normal but it seems I forget between babies how much of the day (and night!) is spent with at least half the brain focused on when will this labor start?! Three out of my other four were born at 39 weeks, so that gives me at least one more week..and I'm trying to be thankful and not too stressed because that means that Neal will be home. Which is really preferable to him NOT being here. Still though.

 To get me focused on other things, I've been trying to work on a few little projects. And I do mean little-I think yesterday I  filled in some nail holes and cleaned the shower head. While they did need to get done, it's laughable that this gave me a sense of accomplishment:) At least I could cross two items off my list. Last week Caitlin and my mom came and helped me paint the kitchen, and one of these days I should get a couple pictures up. Surprisingly I really like the color, and yay, just have one window left to paint. And then the counter tops need to get done so I can officially cross 'kitchen' off the list. Motivation is hard to come by lately which is rather unfortunate as Neal has set up an appointment with a realtor in two weeks. Eeps. If patterns hold true, after this baby comes I should be more energetic and whip out the last few things that need to get done. At least I've started the packing..18 rubbermaids and counting!

2 comments:

Jan said...

oh, man. You just brought back memories of that waiting...I wasn't too good at that.
good luck- hope all goes well, and that Neal is home for it!!!

Jocelyn said...

Haha..good work with the rubbermaids! I wish I could see the color of your kitchen so you should definitely post some pics :)Good luck with the baby!