February 16, 2012

On a Thursday

It's a busy day today, but worth it since tonight is girls night:) Although I've been debating the wisdom of going since apparently I don't know how to come home at a decent hour anymore..the question is-how worth it is to get out?  Generally speaking, it's totally worth it! Even the 2 am laying in bed trying to fall asleep and super crabby Friday. And Saturday. Tonight I'll make a real effort to get home earlier, since tomorrow we are bringing the kids (and a s.i.l. to babysit for a few hours) to a waterpark hotel for the night.

So far I have:
  1. Brought L for a consultation (to the neighbors, it's handy to have a sister for a nurse that lives across the street!) to check her eye. We had a rather scary Valentines Day evening that ended up with a trip to the ER. Stitches, staples and glue- she's doing okay. And no infection, which I was starting to wonder about.
  2. The Cinnamon Rolls are rising.
  3. Three loads of laundry are done.
  4. I'm enjoying the view into the front hall, which I finished painting yesterday.
  5. Got a packing list completed.
  6. N's on his way to buy some new glass panes for a couple windows (#1)
  7. The bathroom wall is getting sanded (and I still get a little jolt every time I open the door and the huge old vanity isn't in there. Very nice.)
  8. Supper is started since we're delivering it to the family with the newest niece, whom I can't wait to hold again!
Still on the to-do list:
  1. Pack up the bags
  2. Girls have dentist appointments
  3. Paint the bathroom
  4. More laundry
  5. Send in the application for a new apartment building in Williston (Nokota Ridge for anyone looking-can find a posting on craigslist that will bring you to their website)
  6. Really hoping my leg will hold up to a walk today as it's absolutely gorgeous out. Sunny and 40's. Love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was a new Vanity in the bathroom- super Cute! Hope you have a fun weekend after your ambitious day :)

Joan J said...

Hey! What are you doing? A reno on the house? :) Go girl! Can't wait to see the results!