December 31, 2011

New Year, New Goals

In the grand scheme of things, I am not someone who does resolutions. I don't even think about them normally. However, this last month there's been some kind of heavy thinking going on around here, it feels like we're reaching a transition stage in our lives and we are getting to the point of needing some decisions. Well anyways, I've come up with some new (for us) goals and I'm getting excited to start them! Some of them are simply what they seem, and some are the first steps into a new direction. It should be fun and interesting to see what happens!

  1. 2012 will be the first year of us having a budget. I've got it almost all the way worked out, just need N's approval and maybe one or two little tweaks:) I've always thought it kind of odd that we've never had a budget, it just seems like something a married couple should have!  Actually, we have half heartedly tried before, but this time we're approaching it from a whole different angle and I really think it'll work very well for us.
  2. Going along with number one, we will be out of debt (except the house) in October. This is huge for me! We've been working on this for the last 5 months and now we can start seeing "real" results.
  3. This one is going to be the most challenging, but I'm determined to lose weight and generally start a healthier lifestyle. Seeing as I'm due in April, the losing pounds part will have to wait, but the exercise and better eating have already started. Weight is something I've struggled with ever since I got married and I'm determined to be at my personal goal in 12 months. I know I'll feel so much better and it will be fun to like shopping and buying cute clothes for myself.
So there we have it. Anybody else giving themselves new goals for the new year?

No comments: