December 19, 2011

FO's

Or, for you non-knitting blog readers, Finished Offs.  I forgot to take any pictures of the Christmas gifts I was working on, oops. Actually I still have two left to get done, since I was flat on the couch all last week. Put it on my unreliable mental list to take pictures of them, since they were all variations of each other... But here's two that I knitted. They were both really easy and quick, seriously only took me about 2 hours each. And I am NOT what you call a quick knit! The first one was meant to be a gift for N, however halfway into it I realized that it wasn't going to fit. He's got a ridiculously large head. Seriously huge. I even took that into account ( I thought..) and increased both size and length. Just not nearly enough, so at least I have a hat now. 




I like Rory to be my model cause he's pretty much way cuter than me! This was my first project following a chart and also for colorwork; both intimidated me a ton. Actually they still do. The pattern for this was very basic and easy to follow, and hopefully will lead to more adventuresome projects!



This cowl was fun to make, mostly since there was no time to get bored.  Both patterns are from Knit Simple, winter 2011 issue.  I really like that magazine, almost every issue has several things tabbed for future projects. I have bitten the checkbook and won't order it. Really, though, since I'm in the grocery store at least once a week I can quick scan the racks for any new issues. Actually I like that better even though it ends up being more expensive probably. At least if there's nothing appealing I don't have to pay for the whole thing. 

Weird off topic confession: Sometimes I go on Krista's blog just to listen to her playlist :O I can't help it- I like her taste in music and seriously what stations do I listen to?! I have hardly ever heard these songs before. Chalk it up to mind broadening. Thanks Krit!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I'm flattered :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I do the same thing!
Jocelyn