September 11, 2011

Can you believe it?

You know that list? I've actually gotten a few items done! Wanna see? Okay, here you are..


This bookshelf is the christmas present Neal made for me the first year we were married, which would have been, oh 'bout 6 years ago. And it sat that whole time as unfinished wood since I am procrastinator in general. Mostly, I just couldn't decide what to do. And then I found these super funky scrapbook papers at Crafts Direct and fell in love. I like how they 'go' but aren't the same. So I painted the whole outside of the shelf white, the bottome inside shelf  I stained a medium oak color and then mod podged the papers on the back. I'm liking how it turned out! The only problem is putting books on it completely covers the cool parts. I think I need glass jars filled with little crafty goodness. Or something.

Over on the right is a lovely I got from a garage sale. I waaay overpaid for it and I'm super relieved that it works size wise for my front hall. The curved top drawer and bottom are what drew me to it. When I bought it the whole thing was covered very sloppily in I swear 5 layers of thick chunky paint. After a ton of sanding I got smart and bought Zinser paint stripper for the top. Hours of  sanding versus slap some Zinser on the top, let it sit 45 minutes and scrape all the crap off? Seriously happy I tried it. Last step was spray paint the hardware a hammered copper.
That's all for now. Time to sleep and get ready for an awesomely busy week ahead-we're gonna vacation starting Wednesday and I can't wait. Pictures ahead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute re-do's! It's fun to see someone elses ideas, and I love the curves on the bottom one:)

-annika

Vicky M. said...

cute ideas!! :)