March 10, 2012

Games with Toddlers

A couple weeks ago it was requested of me to buy Uno. Since then we have played approximately every other day and even the 2 year old has caught on and gets his own cards now. Having mastered one game, they have moved on to Monopoly. It's quite hilarious to play with them and as long as you don't mind bending the rules, even very fun. Rory's absolute favorite thing is getting a house and hotel on his property's, so the 'monopoly' part of owning all three pieces first has fallen by the wayside. As soon as you own it, you can build.



 It makes for a quicker game, which is an advantage since there's a lot of skipping around, wrestling and car playing on the other players turns.



I can't really believe that my kids are old enough to actually play games the correct way-kind of an "oh my goodness, they are getting so big" moment for me. Since I love to play games it's also nice, no more waiting until N's home!

No comments: